Pages

Saturday 27 April 2013

Story: Verdyllan Nurendra Agusta

CHAOS ABOARD THE PLANE


        A month ago, my sister and I were aboard Transpacific Air Flight 5701 from Seattle to Jakarta. It was a perfectly normal day. Because Transpacific Air is a low cost airline, we had to walk into the airplane and enter the airplane using a metal stair.  While waiting, my sister and I sat on our seat in the business class section of the cabin.
        20 minutes later, the metal stair was detached. While the 747-400 "Queen of the Skies" was taxiing through the taxiway, I saw a small hole in the fuselage section of the airplane near my seat. At that time, I was very scared, because a small hole on the fuselage section of an airplane will cause a rapid decompression on the cabin which may lead to the breaking up of the airplane's structure. I asked one of the flight attendants to check the hole.
         A few minutes later, the flight attendant whom I asked to check the hole entered the cockpit section of the aircraft, and after several seconds, came back into the cabin and told us to get out of the airplane as soon as the airplane arrived at the gate. When the airplane arrived at the gate, everyone rushed to the exit. The cabin was full of chaos. As I was about to to walk into the door, I tripped over a black box near my seat. When I looked closely at it, I knew that it was a bomb. I ran quickly outside the airplane and told one of the flight attendants about the bomb. After that, the passengers were told to exit the aircraft faster and a few minutes later, all passengers were inside the airport.
        Everyone said thanks to me for letting all of them know that there was a bomb inside the airplane and a hole on the airplane's fuselage. Well, the flight was cancelled and we had to wait for another flight. But, if the flight was not cancelled, what will happen to 500 passengers aboard Flight 5701? Anyway, I was so happy and my sister and I walked around the airport to look for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment